Support those less fortunate
The Alkimos Community supporting The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal
After the huge generosity of the Alkimos Beach and Alkimos Vista community last year we are again partnering with a worthy Christmas cause to support those in need.
This Christmas, we are supporting our friends at Salvation Army Merriwa for their ‘Christmas Cheer’ Appeal that will help over 200 families in the local area with food hampers and toys.
We call out to all residents to support this great cause by donating new toys and/or books for families in our local community. Your gifts will be donated directly to the families in need who would otherwise go without on Christmas morning.
Gifts are being collected at the Alkimos Beach Sales and Information Centre until Tuesday 14th December. Gifts will be distributed at Salvation Army Merriwa on Thursday 16th and Friday 17th December.
Here are some tips for picking the perfect gift.
- Don’t wrap your donations – we need to ensure that each item is suitable and get it to the right recipient
- Please give new toys and new books – this helps us ensure that each item is of good quality
- Your gift should be ready to read or play with as soon as it’s opened on Christmas morning. It’s helpful to include batteries if needed.
- Boy’s toys for 6-10 yr olds
- Gifts for older children from 11-13 yrs
- Kmart gift vouchers for 14 and 15 yr olds as it’s difficult to buy toys for this age group.
- Christmas food e.g. lollies, chocolates, fruit mince pies and Christmas cakes, crackers