How to choose a Builder Checklist
If you have decided to buy land and build, the following questions may help you choose the right builder for your situation. Download the Builder Checklist
- What is the builders license number?
- How busy are they and will this impact on the timing or quality of the construction of your home?
- Who will supervise the build?
- Does the builder have all of the necessary insurance cover?
- When will the builder be able to start construction and how long will it take?
- Do they have homes on display or can they give you the address of any homes they have completed in the area?
- What sort of contract will the builder use?
- What is the total cost of building your new home and is it subject to change?
- When do progress payments need to be made?
- What happens if things go wrong or the work is defective?
- Who is responsible for keeping the building site clean during construction?
- How much deposit do you need to pay?