Shops and Facilities
The Cobblebank CBD is the future community heart for the growing north-western region, encompassing Atherstone. It is set to become an exciting and important destination for Atherstone residents. In addition to providing essential services and employment options, it is set to become a popular spot to shop and meet with friends.
Located at the north-east quadrant of Atherstone, the Cobblebank CBD will serve the region as the main hub for shopping, services, food, entertainment, health and education services. Additionally, it will be a future employment area featuring a range of uses including; office spaces, warehousing, big box retail and light industry, all conveniently connected by the transport hub at Cobblebank Station.
The Urban Design Framework for the Cobblebank CBD includes provision for;
- Cobblebank Train Station and bus interchange
- 70,000sqm of retail
- Supermarkets and convenience retail – Coles announced
- Health & medical facilities (the future home of Melton Hospital)
- Restaurants, cafes and entertainment precincts
- Higher education and allied uses
Commercial, office space & business hubs (Western BACE)
- Multiple green parks / squares
- Plazas, piazzas and village hubs
- Civic & recreation - sports oval, highball courts, aquatic centre, performing arts centre
- Legal and emergency services precinct
Melton City Council commenced work in August 2017 on the Toolern Employment and Mixed Use Urban Design Framework (UDF) and the revision of the adopted Toolern Town Centre UDF (2012).