Atherstone at a glance
Location and transport
- 40kms west of the Melbourne CBD
- 10 minutes west of Lendlease's Caroline Springs community
- New train station on the Melbourne-Ballarat line in the heart of the community (completion late 2019)
Size and population
- 481 hectares master planned community
- Space for 4,500 homes
- Final population of 15,000
Parks and open spaces
- More than a quarter of the community dedicated to open space, parks, gardens, waterways and hike and bike trails
- 100 hectare regional park - that’s 50 times the size of the MCG playing surface
- Tree-lined streets, extra layers of mature trees and waterways bordering and throughout the community
- Proposed town centre set within the major activity centre that will include retail and commercial areas, recreation oval and future train station
- Additional 4 hectare southern neighbourhood centre with retail and commercial areas planned
- Two primary schools, a neighbourhood centre and childcare facility proposed for the site
- Safe area with close-knit community, family-friendly public spaces, and plenty of street lighting
- Intelligent water recycling and energy conservation
- Fibre optic connection to the homes
- Low energy street lights
- Linear Parks, on road bike lanes, shared user trails
- Encourage the construction of 7 Star homes to assist residents in reducing the homes operating costs whilst reducing carbon emissions
- Your choice of builder
- Fixed price house and land packages available
- Quality modern designs with room for individuality
- A greater choice of lot sizes to suit all budgets and lifestyles
- Design guidelines aimed at creating a beautiful streetscape in order to protect your investment
Atherstone enjoys easy access to a range of transport options and major road networks.
Atherstone is conveniently located just off the Western Highway providing a direct connection to residents working in the CBD.
By Public Transport
A new train station is proposed for the town centre will run on the Melbourne-Ballarat line, connecting the community to the Melbourne CBD.
Atherstone is also located 4.5 kilometres from the existing Melton train station.
Hike and Bike
Leave the car at home because a series of well-planned hike and bike trails and on road bike lanes will connect residents with the Atherstone community.
Download the Amenity Timeline