Countdown is on for our 10th birthday celebrations!
We are on the final countdown to our 10th birthday celebrations and what a party we have in store.
McKinnon Sports Fields will be a hive of activity on Sunday August 28 as we invite our residents, family and friends to celebrate our growing community.
From the first sod turned, to the thriving community it is today, Yarrabilba has become a vibrant modern place to call home for more than 10,000 residents and has secured its place as one of Queensland’s most successful sustainable new townships. We are just at the start of our journey and can’t wait to welcome more residents over the coming years.
Join us to celebrate this impressive milestone and enjoy free entertainment, sideshow rides, animal farm, face painters, fireworks and more. Bring a picnic rug and enjoy some delicious eats from a great range of food trucks.
What’s on the menu:
- Thom & Ann’s – A wide range of delicious burgers to sink your teeth into
- Roamin Pizza - woodfire pizza goodness with all your favourite toppings (Gluten free options also available)
- Dog Stop 360 - offering American style hotdogs, hand Dagwood dogs, fries, loaded fries and amazing cold bubble milkshakes
- Donut Kitchen - bakery fresh made to order light fluffy warm pillows of sweet dough injected with your choice of fillers, from jams to chocolates and custards
For the young and young-at-heart:
- Poppy and Branch from Dreamworks Trolls will be joining the birthday celebrations for a character meet and greet
- Giant bubble artist
- Balloon twisters
- Butterfly stilt walk duo
- Face painting
- Animal farm
- Carnival rides for young and young-at-heart
- Open air photobooth with streamer wall
Celebrate with friends:
For those over 18-years of age, a stylish pop-up bar will provide a great place to gather with neighbours and toast 10 years as a community. There will be seating inside the secured fenced area.
Taking centre stage:
Ready to bust a move? A range of performers will take to the stage from 2pm. These include our talented local students from Yarrabilba State School, Yarrabilba State Secondary College and song and dance acts from local Logan organisation, the Village Green Theatre Group.
At 3pm, renowned Brisbane band, The Vybez Band will get you up on your feet, playing a mix of soul and RnB tunes.
Look to the sky:
Finishing the party with a bang! At 6pm you will be able to look to the skies for a special fireworks display.
We recommend nearby residents secure all animals ahead of the fireworks display.
We encourage residents to walk to the event where possible.
A free shuttle bus will be running to and from Shaw Street Ovals during the event.
Further parking is available around the McKinnon Sports Fields and at Yarrabilba State Secondary College.
To find out more about our birthday party event, keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook and Instagram.
We can’t wait to see you there!
Date: Sunday, 28th August 2022
Where: McKinnon Sports Fields, Yarrabilba