Groups and Events
Building homes is just part of the story at Lendlease.
We use modern planning and community development methods to create safe, self-sustaining communities where neighbours have the opportunity to meet and become friends.
Along with our Meet your Neighbour events, as the community continues to grow, you’ll have the opportunity to meet new people at a range of fun, social activities.
For more information about what's on in Yarrabilba, join the Facebook page: facebook.com/myyarrabilba.
Yarrabilba also has an active community association. To find out more visit http://www.yarrabilba.org where you can sign up for newsletters, and you can follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaConnect. The Yarrabilba Community Association welcomes new volunteers who are keen to get involved in their local community.
Be kept up to date with the Yarrabilba Community Newsletter. This quarterly print and e-publication includes community safety updates, development updates, community profiles and events. Read the latest news here.
Upcoming events near you
Yarrabilba Brighter Futures Scholarships
The sky is the limit with further study – let us help you take off in 2020!
These scholarships aim to assist academically driven, but disadvantaged students from Yarrabilba who are enrolled in, or who have been offered a full-time place in an Australian university or TAFE course.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
$30,000 funding pool available
University scholarships eligible for $5000 for one year
TAFE scholarships eligible for $2000 for one year
NEED TO KNOW…
Applications open between 1 December 2019 - 31 January 2020
To apply - https://cia.communityenterprisefoundation.com.au/
Regular events in Yarrabilba
Yarrabilba offers so many great ways to connect and be involved with community events, groups and activities. For more information on how you can get involved, contact the community group right for you.
Be part of the Yarrabilba Community Association. An incorporated community group, it has been set up to deliver creative, community-led experiences in Yarrabilba.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaConnect or email [email protected]
- Yarrabilba Youth United by PCYC Crestmead (pictured at the top of the page)
Every Thursday, 4pm – 6pm in Darlington Parklands. Ages 12 – 25. Enjoy barbecue, music, games - fully supervised.
Contact 3805 4100 for more details and keep an eye on facebook.com/myyarrabilba for updates.
Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning in Darlington Parklands. Visit https://www.facebook.com/yarrabilbaparkrun for more information.
- Ripple Fitness Bootcamp
Offering a number of boot camp sessions in Darlington Parklands. For more information visit www.facebook.com/RippleFitness1
- Shaw Street Bootcamp
Monday to Thursday 6.30pm, Parents and Bubs Bootcamp Fridays 9.15am.
To book, or for more information phone Aymie on 0452 648 708 or email [email protected]
- Free ZUU Community Bootcamps
Run by The Empire Bodyshop, these free sessions are held monthly on a Saturday in Darlington Parklands at 8am.
For more information call 0432 211 522, or follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theempirebodyshop/
- Mingle Markets - second Friday of every month
Mingle with family and friends whilst enjoying delicious international food, live music and gorgeous homewares and crafts. The markets have received seed funding through the Yarrabilba community grants program and are being brought to Yarrabilba by Creative Collective Cultural Community INC, a local not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting new and innovative approaches to arts development and projects.
For information on becoming a stallholder, market dates and times visit the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/yarrabilbaminglemarkets or contact Jane Dear 0421 008 668.
- Breakfast Club by Dunamis Church Yarrabilba
Dunamis Church Yarrabilba operates Breakfast Clubs at Yarrabilba State School, Family and Community Place and St Clare’s Primary School and provide families with the opportunity to purchase low cost groceries.
For more information visit facebook.com/dunamisyarrabilba
- Live Well Logan
Throughout the year, a range of events are offered as part of Logan City council’s ‘Live Well Logan’ program.
For further information visit www.logan.qld.gov.au/community-support/health/live-well-logan
- Krank School Holiday Program
Keep up to date on what is offered within and surrounding Yarrabilba as part of the Logan City Council’s school holiday program. For more information visit www.logan.qld.gov.au/community-support/community-development/krank
2nd and 4th Monday evening of each month, 6.45pm - 9pm
Community Hub - St Clare’s Primary School, 2 Combs Street, Yarrabilba
Want to learn public speaking, communication and leadership skills in a safe and positive learning environment with a community focus? This is a new chapter in adult learning in Yarrabilba and we’d love to have you come along and check out Toastmasters. We’re open to all and sessions are free. There are fees associated with membership. Visit: www.facebook.com/yarrabilbatoastmasters/
Plus so much more to get involved in at Yarrabilba
- Family and Community Place
The new Family & Community Place located at 3 Darnell Street, next to Yarrabilba State School is now open. The welcoming facility is home to a breakfast club, immunization clinic, child health nurse, supported playgroups, First 5 Forever programs, and more, providing families and children in the region the best possible start in life. Other programs will include art, music, a toy and puzzle library and a book exchange. To find out more visit https://www.facebook.com/familyandcommunityplace/
- Community Hub Construction of the much anticipated $1.5million multi-purpose Yarrabilba Sports & Community Hub, located adjacent to Shaw Street Oval is now complete. The building contacts change rooms, toilet facilities, meeting rooms, a canteen, fully equipped commercial kitchen and 100sqm of community space. The Yarrabilba Community Association (YCA) has been announced as the facility manager, effective from 1 April 2019. Please contact the YCA direct at [email protected] and follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaConnect/
- Community Noticeboards Two community noticeboards can be found at the public toilets in Darlington Parklands.
- The Exchange Shaw Street Oval precinct. The Exchange delivers skills training and education, community meetings and events. It also has public toilet facilities for sporting groups using the Shaw Street Oval and fields. Contact 3123 4209 or visit https://www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaJobsExchange/.
- Yarrabilba Community Garden Shaw Street Oval, Darlington Drive. Phone 1300 743 340 or email [email protected].
- Friends of Plunkett Friends of Plunkett are a community support group committed to preserving, promoting and protecting Plunkett Conservation Reserve that neighbours Yarrabilba.
- Logan Country Safe Cities Group Monthly meetings with representatives from local police, schools, MPs, local councillors, Neighbourhood Watch Yarrabilba/Jimboomba, the local community generally and Lendlease to address matters of community safety with a focus on Yarrabilba and surrounds. For more information, please contact group coordinator David Kenny, [email protected]
- Yarrabilba Economic Development Committee Meets bi-monthly and is well supported by local businesses and community organisations acting as an important forum to share local business and community initiatives in both Logan Village and Yarrabilba. For more information, please contact Lendlease’s Community Partnership Manager, [email protected]
For more information visit www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaGarden
For more information visit www.facebook.com/friendsofplunkett