Information provided below is correct as at 16 July 2021.
Yarrabilba to date
The Yarrabilba community has reached well over 10,000 residents as at May 2021.
Some of Yarrabilba's recent highlights have been:
- Second state primary school announced - due to open 2023
- Yarrabilba Tavern is now under construction, due to open mid-2022
- Yarrabilba Ambulance station now open
- Yarrabilba Fire Station now open
- The Exchange (for Yarrabilba jobs and skilling) has a new home in Darrau Avenue (off Yarrabilba Drive)
- New local Catholic school, San Damiano Secondary College located on Yarrabilba Drive, is now open
- Students of Yarrabilba State Secondary College now operate an op shop - The 3 R's - open every Wednesday morning to the public, 8am - 11am, term time
- Logan City Council has committed $1.25 million over the next two years towards a walking, hiking and riding trail from Logan Village to Yarrabilba
- Local business Thom & Anne's have won the Small Employer of the Year award category in the recent Queensland Training Awards for the South-East region
- Our Instagram page is growing too - now over 700 followers - join us at @MyYarrabilba
Keep an eye out for our next Yarrabilba community newsletter which is currently in the works - it will be full of even more news about our thriving community!
As always, if you'd like to know more about anything included in this update, feel free to contact us on 1800 721 856 or [email protected]
Vue on Yarrabilba Drive
Located near the entry to Yarrabilba on Yarrabilba Drive, stage 2 of the popular Vue development is now under construction. Stage 2 will be another 4-level mixed use building comprising commercial space and apartments.
We're excited to announce that the much anticipated Yarrabilba Tavern is now under construction!
Due for completion in mid-2022, the venue will offer new dining areas. kid's zones, a sports bar and a stunning outdoor area.
New Neighbourhood Shopping Centre
A brand new neighbourhood shopping centre has started construction. Located beside the future HIVE community facility located near the Yarrabilba State Secondary College, Harmony Early Learning Childcare will have an expanded presence as part of this development, as well as a new gym franchise, with other tenants yet to be finalised, but think food and medical services!
Image - Existing Harmony Early Learning Childcare room
Wongawallan Drive Showrooms, Childcare Centre and Specialist Centre
Located in Wongawallan Drive, near Coles, a new showrooms development of 2,350sqm is under construction. Tenants have not been confirmed at this stage, but in addition to this, the site will also be home to Grand Kids Early Learning. At this stage, construction is anticipated to be completed mid 2021.
The proposed specialist centre in Adler Circuit (stage 1) is under construction and due for completion late 2021. This specialist centre will include essential services such as radiology, IVF, consulting rooms and a day hospital.