Groups and Events
A welcoming community
Yarrabilba is more than a place to live. It’s a vibrant, active community that welcomes you to get involved! With its own dedicated community partnerships manager, and home to more than twenty-five community groups, the popular ‘Mingle Markets’, vibrant community garden and a calendar of seasonal events, festivities and family activities; Yarrabilba has a spirit of its own that you’ll never stop discovering.
Building homes is just part of the story at Lendlease.
We use modern planning and community development methods to create safe, self-sustaining communities where neighbours have the opportunity to meet and become friends.
Along with our Meet your Neighbour events, as the community continues to grow, you’ll have the opportunity to meet new people at a range of fun, social activities.
For more information about what's on in Yarrabilba, join the Facebook page: facebook.com/myyarrabilba.
Yarrabilba also has an active community association. To find out more visit http://www.yarrabilba.org where you can sign up for newsletters, and you can follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaConnect. The Yarrabilba Community Association welcomes new volunteers who are keen to get involved in their local community.
Be kept up to date with the Yarrabilba Community Newsletter. This quarterly print and e-publication includes community safety updates, development updates, community profiles and events.
Yarrabilba Community Grants Program - now open! Click here for more information Application closing date now extended to 5pm Monday 6 June!
Yarrabilba Brighter Futures Scholarships Program - applications now closed. Click here for more information
Regular events in Yarrabilba
Yarrabilba offers so many great ways to connect and be involved with community events, groups and activities. For more information on how you can get involved, contact the community group right for you.
Be part of the Yarrabilba Community Association. An incorporated community group, it has been set up to deliver creative, community-led experiences in Yarrabilba.
For more information visit www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaConnect or email [email protected]
- Sports Clubs in Yarrabilba
Yarrabilba Bees (Rugby Union)
For more information regarding other sporting codes, please contact Lendlease’s Social Sustainability Manager, Terry Hamilton [email protected]
- Yarrabilba REKON Youth
Contact Rolando on the REKON Youth Facebook page
Parkrun takes place every Saturday morning in Darlington Parklands. Visit https://www.facebook.com/yarrabilbaparkrun for more information.
- Ripple Fitness Bootcamp
Offering a number of boot camp sessions in Darlington Parklands. For more information visit www.facebook.com/RippleFitness1
- Shaw Street Bootcamp
Monday to Thursday 6.30pm, Parents and Bubs Bootcamp Fridays 9.15am.
To book, or for more information phone Aymie on 0452 648 708 or email [email protected]
- Free ZUU Community Bootcamps
Run by The Empire Bodyshop, these free sessions are held monthly on a Saturday in Darlington Parklands at 8am.
For more information call 0432 211 522, or follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/theempirebodyshop/
- Mingle Markets - second Friday of every month
Mingle with family and friends whilst enjoying delicious international food, live music and gorgeous homewares and crafts. The markets have received seed funding through the Yarrabilba community grants program and are being brought to Yarrabilba by Creative Collective Cultural Community INC, a local not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting new and innovative approaches to arts development and projects.
For information on becoming a stallholder, market dates and times visit the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/yarrabilbaminglemarkets or contact Jane Dear 0421 008 668.
- Breakfast Club by Dunamis Church Yarrabilba
Dunamis Church Yarrabilba operates Breakfast Clubs at Yarrabilba State School, Family and Community Place and St Clare’s Primary School and provide families with the opportunity to purchase low cost groceries.
For more information visit facebook.com/dunamisyarrabilba
- Live Well Logan
Throughout the year, a range of events are offered as part of Logan City council’s ‘Live Well Logan’ program.
For further information visit https://www.logan.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/3266/live-well-logan-active-and-healthy-programs-july-2021-to-june-2022
- Krank School Holiday Program
Keep up to date on what is offered within and surrounding Yarrabilba as part of the Logan City Council’s school holiday program. For more information visit www.logan.qld.gov.au/community-support/community-development/krank
Plus so much more to get involved in at Yarrabilba
- Family and Community Place
The new Family & Community Place located at 3 Darnell Street, next to Yarrabilba State School is now open. The welcoming facility is home to a breakfast club, immunization clinic, child health nurse, supported playgroups, First 5 Forever programs, and more, providing families and children in the region the best possible start in life. Other programs will include art, music, a toy and puzzle library and a book exchange. To find out more visit https://www.facebook.com/familyandcommunityplace/
- Community Hub The multi-purpose Shaw St Sports & Community Hub, located adjacent to Shaw Street Oval offers change rooms, toilet facilities, meeting rooms, a canteen, fully equipped commercial kitchen and 100sqm of community space. Please contact City of Logan, Sport and Recreation Development Officer Daina Barnes on [email protected] or 07 3412 5606 with any enquiries for this space.
- Community Noticeboards Two community noticeboards can be found at the public toilets in Darlington Parklands.
- The Exchange Located at Darrau Avenue, The Exchange is a Lendlease initiative, managed by Access Community Services. Open Monday -Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm, The Exchange is focussed on connecting local people to local jobs. Offering a range of skilling, jobs, and enterprise programs, The Exchange caters to both job-seekers and employers. Diana can be contacted on (07) 3123 4209 or [email protected]
- Yarrabilba Community Garden Shaw Street Oval, Darlington Drive. For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/YarrabilbaGarden
- Yarrabilba Workforce Development Group Meets bi-monthly and is well supported by local businesses and community organisations acting as an important forum to share local business and community initiatives in both Logan Village and Yarrabilba. For more information, please contact Lendlease’s Social Sustainability Manager, Terry Hamilton [email protected]
- Yarrabilba Stakeholder Collaborative Network Group Meets regularly and is well supported by local NFP & government stakeholders and service providers. As an important forum for information sharing and discussing community-led initiatives, the SCNG focusses on the Yarrabilba community. For more information, please contact Lendlease’s Social Sustainability Manager, Terry Hamilton [email protected]