Pine Valley Environment and Open Space
Pine Valley will be a 5 Star Green Star community, designed around and protecting the dramatic landscape of valleys and ridges and dominant bushland corridors.
The living ecosystem of creeks, bushland corridors and wildlife will be the fauna habitat and adventure playground and space for reflection for the local community.
The Environmental Management and Conservation Zone will be characterised by:
- Maximising separation of Koalas and recreation facilities
- Protecting koalas by removing vehicle-wildlife hazard
- Minimising the impact of humans in the landscape
- Reducing the conflict and hazard between domestic animals and wildlife
- Dedicating specific outdoor education spaces for environmental education
- Ensuring that areas proposed for the conservation of vegetation and wildlife can be maintained and develop ecological resilience to prosper in perpetuity with limited interference
The integral element of the public realm at Pine Valley is the Central park. This recreational park provides activity nodes, urban and bushland linkages and koala habitat.
The site responsive park combines multiple local parks to create a unique open space for the community responding to site constraints and the community’s wants. The Central Park, that provides a variety of passive and active recreation areas while integrating living waterway principles and community spaces.
Set within an existing bushland and creek, the landscape corridor will foster nature-based leisure, walking, education, biking and play facilities for all ages.