How to choose a house and land package that’s right for you
Purchasing a property is one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your lifetime, so you want to ensure you don’t rush your decision. If you’re choosing to purchase a house and land package however, you’ll have a few more factors to consider than the average home buyer, such as land size, home configuration and which builder you will choose to construct the house.
We’ve provided you with five things to consider before purchasing a house and land package to ensure you buy something that suits your needs, budget and lifestyle.
- Ensure the size of your lot matches your lifestyle
When choosing a block of land, you’ll want to pick a lot size that matches your lifestyle – which also accommodates your future, too. If you’re a young married couple but planning to have children in a couple of years, you might want to opt for a lot size that allows a spacious backyard. Alternatively, if you’re a parent of teenage-aged children, you might forego a big backyard.
You’ll also need to choose a block of land that fits your dream home configuration.
- Pick a home configuration that meets your needs
Similar to choosing your perfect block of land, picking your ideal home configuration depends on your lifestyle now, as well as your foreseeable future. Firstly, you might choose the number of bedrooms and bathrooms based on the size of your family, but you might need to consider other things, such as:
- Do you have family or friends that stay over on a regular basis, or for extended periods of time? If yes, you might consider adding an extra bedroom as a spare room.
- Do you have other priorities that you need to factor in when choosing your dream home? For example, some families prioritise a movie room as watching films together on a weekend is a weekly ritual. For others, an area to set up gym equipment is crucial because of their healthy lifestyle.
- Think about the overall look and feel you want your future home to have. Do you prefer a cosier space that’s easier to maintain, or something quite open plan that’s spacious and better for entertaining?
Considering these lifestyle factors before choosing a home configuration will ensure your house has longevity for your growing needs for years to come.
- Take the guesswork out of it and choose a turnkey house and land package instead
If the idea of choosing a piece of land and then finding a builder is stressing you out, or you’re simply frustrated with generic house and land packages, we have a solution for you.
At Kings Central, we have worked together with our expert builder partners at Creation Homes and Eden Brae Homes to take care of these steps for you, which reduces the number of decisions you need to make. Buying a turnkey package means that each home has already been thoughtfully designed to suit the block of land the home will be built on. It also means your new home will be ready to enjoy from the day you move in, with essentials such as flooring, air-conditioning, landscaping, fencing, driveways and all other necessary fixtures and fittings included in the fixed price – meaning there will be no bill shock at the end of the building process.
- Choose a community that’s right for you
Aside from finding your dream house and land package, you’ll need to ensure you’re buying into a community that not only reflects your values, but is close to the amenities you need. Once complete, Kings Central will boast a family-friendly, convenient lifestyle – situated in the heart of Werrington. Close to employment opportunities, schools, shops, entertainment precincts and more, Kings Central is the perfect choice no matter your age or life stage.
- Purchase land from a name you know and trust
When you’re making a large investment like purchasing land, you want to rely on a household name you know and trust. With a history spanning more than 60 years, Lendlease has created some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and established itself as a leading global integrated real estate and investments group. And, with a development portfolio that spans the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia, you can rest assured their residential communities are crafted with quality.
In all that we do here at Lendlease, our objective is to delivers places and spaces that marry with our customers’ aspirations and lifestyles.
So, if you think your perfect house and land package is waiting for you at Kings Central, get in touch with us today or view our available house and land packages here.