Turnkey home and land packages – simplified.
We know that buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you’ll make – especially the first time.
So, we’ve teamed up with our reputable partner builders, Eden Brae Homes and Creation Homes, to make it as streamlined, transparent and simple as possible through our range of complete turnkey home and land packages.
The buying process at Kings Central has been designed so that everything is included in the up-front pricing, ensuring there will be no hidden costs throughout the build process.
STEP 1. Choose your turnkey home and land package
Browse the range of three and four bedroom, single and double storey homes by both builder partners, view the various floor plans, home designs and facades, and choose the home package that best suits your lifestyle. Once you’ve chosen your home, you will enter into two contracts; one with the builder to build your home (step 2) and another with Lendlease to buy the land (step 3).
But to secure your home, you will first;
- Pay a non-refundable holding deposit and complete the Sales Advice Form with the builder sales representative
- A land sales contract will be issued to your solicitor from Lendlease
STEP 2. Work with your builder and sign your build contract
Your builder will:
- Issue you with the build contract, where you will pay a 5% deposit of the build contract value
- The 5% deposit will need to be made within 5 days of signing the build contract
STEP 3. Sign and return the land sales contract to Lendlease
Once you have signed your build contract, you will be required to:
- Sign your land contract and pay a deposit on the land contract value
- Exchange on your land contract within 10 days
STEP 4. Land registration and settlement
Most of the land at Kings Central will be sold as ‘unregistered land’ (meaning that you will purchase your land before it has been built and serviced). For land that is sold as unregistered land*, once your land is ready for construction to commence on;
- Lendlease will register your individual lot with NSW Land Registry Services and notify your solicitor or conveyancer in writing once the land has been registered
- Settlement will occur within 21 days following registration
- Once all the relevant mortgage documents are signed, the land title will be transferred into your name and you will be the owner of your land!
STEP 5. Home construction
Once your block of land is registered, you now will start paying progress payments to your builder (as set out in your building contract) at various stages of construction. Your builder will invoice you at the completion of each stage and your lender or broker can help you arrange these payments.
The stages are usually:
- Slab down
- Frame up
- Roof on
- Practical completion
STEP 6. Move in day!
Your new home is now ready for you to turn the keys, move in and start enjoying from the day you move in.
We know that moving into your new home is exciting, and we want to make your welcome memorable, so here are a couple things we suggest you do:
- Let Lendlease know that you have moved in
- Update your contact details on our database including your new address, phone number and email address so that we can stay in touch