We believe in creating places where communities thrive for generations to come, and at Figtree Hill, this means putting sustainability first.
Figtree Hill will be Lendlease’s first all-electric community in NSW, enabling it to be run on 100 per cent renewable power. Renewable power is carbon neutral, which means the whole community is net zero ready.
As our climate grows hotter and weather patterns change, it’s even more important to make our communities climate-resilient.
- More trees will be planted throughout Figtree Hill enriching the natural bushland setting and shade cover to create a cooler community.
- Lighter coloured roofs across the community will help to reduce urban heat and energy costs for new homes.
- Permeable paving trials and water sensitive design of landscaping and streetscapes will also cool street temperatures, as well as supporting quality and controlled storm water run-off.
The balance between sustainability, affordability, and long-term wellbeing are defining features of Figtree Hill.
- Smarter home designs are encouraged to reduce ongoing living costs and improve health and wellbeing, as well as helping the planet.
- You can also take advantage of a $10,000* rebate which will assist you to install smart, all-electric services and equipment when building your new home.
- For more tips on what you can do to build a more efficient and sustainable home our Build Smart videos outline five ideas.
With a focus on sustainability and conservation Figtree Hill will have an abundance of open space, including parks, bushland and wetlands. A recent article on the project and the planned second stage takes a look at some of these key features. Read more here.
More trees will be planted enriching the natural setting and shade cover to create a cooler community. Lighter coloured roofs will help reduce urban heat and energy costs for new homes.
Smart home design and low-cost energy solutions are being encouraged to help reduce carbon emissions and living expenses from the very start.
Our commitment to conservation is fundamental to our vision to create the best places for people today and for generations to come.
Lendlease is designing water-sensitive precincts that will see better quality water leaving the site and into the surrounding creeks and the Nepean River.
Partnering with local First Nations community to heal and protect Country, Figtree Hill has been designed to celebrate the regions rich First Nations and European cultural heritage and stories.
From day one all 1,700 new homes will be all-electric, enabling the community to be run on 100% renewable power - proof an all-electric, net-zero future is possible!