The exciting vision for Figtree Hill is fast becoming a reality! Works are progressing well on-site and we are excited to share with you the latest progress update as the community continues to take shape.
Information provided below is correct as at 10 October 2023 and is provided as a general guide only.
- Installation of light poles is now complete in Stages 1A & 1B
- Streetscape works in Stages 1A & 1B have commenced
- Approval to commence construction works to Stages 1C, 1D & 1E has been received – our civil contractor will commence works this month
- Future Adventure Playground has received development approval by Campbelltown City Council
- Continue the installation of external servicing infrastructure
- Continue streetscape works, including the planting of more than 900 street trees and more than 9,000 plants
Appin Road Upgrade Works
Transport for NSW are currently assessing the specifications of the koala exclusion fencing and koala underpasses that need to be delivered as part of the road upgrade. We are continuing to work with them through this process and provide all the necessary technical expertise as required. This is the final part of a long planning process which started in 2018 and has included two public exhibitions periods, detailed reviews of environmental assessments and technical reports.
We will provide an update on registration timings for each stage once we receive the relevant approvals. As soon as Transport for NSW finalise their determination we will be in a position to start construction. In preparation, we are working with our construction contractor and stakeholders to undertake all the necessary pre-construction planning, surveys and documentation.
For further information on the upgrades, click here.