Why choose Solar for your home?
By installing the solar power system that suits your needs and circumstances, you could save money on your power bill, while saving the planet for the long-term – what’s not to love?
Invest in your home, the planet and your family’s future
A prosperous future
Lendlease understands how to bring people, places and spaces together to deliver something special for you. This means helping you achieve a better home and neighbourhood, where families can thrive for generations to come.
By installing the right solar power system, that suits your needs and circumstances, you could be reducing running costs without sacrificing lifestyle.
Helping you go solar and save in the long run
Installing solar power in your home is an investment in your household’s future so it’s worth taking your time to choose the system that best suits your needs and budget.
There are many options available for you to start using solar power today and we encourage you to review them all. Here are 3 retailers to help get you started who are offering Lendlease community customers a discount to make the move to solar. Visit their site for more information.
No matter which retailer you choose, you’ll be benefiting from cleaner energy at home, with a look to saving money in the long-term.
- Federal and State Governments have some programs in place to reduce the upfront cost of solar PV. To find out if you are eligible for rebates check out www.energy.gov.au/rebates
It makes sense to go solar
In the last ten years, household power bills have only been going one way - up. But while electricity prices rise, the good news is that the cost of household solar systems is falling, so now’s the perfect time to invest in solar power.
When you install solar power, you’re reducing the energy you use from the grid. Add battery storage to the mix and you can store energy generated during the day for use at night. And with costs coming down & innovation in batteries continuing, solar is becoming an even better option.
Six smart reasons to install solar power in your home:
- Lower your power bill
- Generate your own electricity
- Control & manage your electricity costs
- Feel good about helping the environment
- Enjoy preferential rates & flexible payment
- More affordable than ever to install
How does it work?
Installing a solar power system gives you the ability to capture the energy from the sun to power your home in real-time. Any excess energy is sent to the grid and depending on your tariff, may create a credit on your energy bill. Or if you add a battery storage to your solar PV system, the excess energy is sent to your battery and stored there for your later use or sent to the grid, depending on the size of your battery.
Does solar power really save money?
The simple answer to the question is saving money through reducing your power bill is one of the main appeals and selling points for the solar product range. That being said, how much you’ll save depends on a number of factors: Your average energy consumption and usage pattern, the tariff you are on, the size of the solar power system you install and where you live just to name a few.
Six smart tips to maximise the benefits of solar power
- Use more energy during daylight hours – set your washing machine and dishwasher to run during the day when they can be powered by the sun in real-time
- Invest in an energy monitoring device to measure your energy use and solar generation
- Make sure your solar power system is in the right spot and the size of the system suits your lifestyle – your supplier can advise you on this
- Maintain your system to keep it working at top capacity. Clean the panels regularly and trim any trees that may be casting shade
- Reduce your electricity use overall. Invest in energy efficient appliances, switch over to energy-saving lightbulbs, turn off lights when you leave a room.
This document has been produced by Lendlease for guidance only and is not an offer or an inducement to enter into a contract or any other agreement. The information contained in this document has been prepared from publicly available information available at the time of publication; however, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to the accuracy of the information nor does Lendlease accept any responsibility for any inaccuracies. Any images in this document are for illustrative purposes and are indicative only. All projections contained in this document represent best estimates only as at July 2021. Nothing should be taken as an endorsement or recommendation of any solar panel retailer by Lendlease and all prospective purchasers, investors and other interested parties should make their own independent enquiries as to the suggested solar power retailers which may be subject to change without notice. Applicable laws and regulations may be subject to change without notice and each person must undertake their own independent enquiries and satisfy themselves of their own requirements.
This document has been produced by Lendlease Communities (Australia) Limited and is current as at July 2021.