Sustainability and Environment
Live in Yarrabilba and be proud to be part of a community that protects and values its natural environment.
Yarrabilba is designed to be an ‘easy access’ community with an integrated network of walking and cycle paths to reduce the use of cars.
Lendlease innovations in water and energy saving, waste reduction and recycling are helping shape a community of the future.
Here are just some of the sustainability initiatives being undertaken at Yarrabilba:
- Retained and enhanced existing waterways
- Pine tree removal
- Reusing site topsoil
- Reusing and chipping existing trees for garden mulch
- Recreating shady environments by planting numerous shade trees
- Installing recycled water pipes to be used in the irrigation system
- Installing water storage devices to ensure water is stored on site for construction works and possible future irrigation use
- Increasing garden and turf to improve permeability of water back into the ground water
- Energy saving LED feature and street lights
- Reuse of site materials in road construction which has significantly reduced the amount or materials needed to be brought into Yarrabilba
- Processing site organic material to improve nutrient poor soils and avoid the need to transport material to site
- Creation of ‘greenway streets’ designed to connect major destinations with safe pedestrian paths with double shade tree planting
Approved Fauna Corridor Management Plans
These management plans have been approved by the Australian Government Department of the Environment in compliance with the conditions of approval for the Yarrabilba development under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act, Approval Ref: EPBC 2013/6791.
- For more information download the Yarrabilba Offset Management Plan
- For more information download the Yarrabilba Koala Management Plan
- For more information download the Yarrabilba Habitat Rehabilitation Management Plan
Year 1 - Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Approval Status Report documents
For more information download the Yarrabilba EPBCA Referral Year 1 Status Report
For more information download Appendix D2 – Habitat Rehabilitation Management Plan
For more information download Appendix D3 – Offset Management Plan
For more information download Appendix E – Endorsed P2 Village 1 Vegetation Management Plan
For more information download Appendix F – Endorsed P2 Village 3 Vegetation Management Plan
For more information download Appendix G – Habitat Rehabilitation Monitoring Report ORU Baseline
For more information download Appendix H – Habitat Rehabilitation Monitoring Report HRU Baseline