Sustainability and Environment
Environmental Sustainability at The New Rouse Hill
Environmental sustainability is a consideration that underpins the masterplan for The New Rouse Hill, and initiatives set in place now will ensure that this beautiful environment will flourish for generations to come. These include:
- Landscaping throughout the community consists of a minimum of 80% native and low water tolerant plant species
- Stormwater management systems incorporate best practice Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) including bio-retention systems, wetlands, rain gardens and swales to ensure high quality stormwater enters Caddies Creek
- Energy efficient street lighting reduces emissions by 62% for the same levels of lighting
- Well planned street designs which maximise solar access
- Recycled water is provided to all homes
- All homes include gas boosted solar hot water systems
- The latest solar thermal evacuated tube technology heats the community pool.
Homes at The New Rouse Hill achieve an average thermal comfort rating of 4.5-5 stars with initiatives including:
- Solar gas boosted hot water systems
- Insulation and high thermal mass materials
- Maximised cross flow ventilation with 2.7m high ground floor ceilings and ceiling fans to reduce the need for air conditioning
- A dedicated Design Coordinator works with purchasers and their builders to ensure a high standard of design for all homes.