Laurimar is one of the fastest-growing communities in Melbourne’s north. Occupying a total of 324 hectares, including 30 hectares of open space, 15 hectares of waterways and 2,400 homes a total of 9,000 residents are expected to call Laurimar home on completion in 2015.
Laurimar is 30 kilometres north of the Melbourne CBD in Victoria.
Shopping, business and employment
- Town centre with a variety of shops, cafés and eateries
- 12 mins to Westfield Plenty Valley
- 22 mins to Greensborough Plaza
- 15 mins to University Hill
- 18 mins to Epping Plaza
- Laurimar Primary School caters for Prep to Grade 6 students
- Laurimar Child Care and Early Learning Centre
- Multiple other primary and high schools nearby
- Lush parks throughout the community
- Village parks in each Laurimar village
- 20kms of hike and bike trails
- Sustainable building guidelines and principles to be used for all homes
- Sustainable landscaping
- Quiet leafy streets to encourage walking and cycling
High speed internet connection available to all homes.
There are multiple transport options to and around Laurimar.
The Hurstbridge train line is 12 minutes from Laurimar, the South Morang train line 15 minutes away and the V-Line Donnybrook line is located 14 minutes from Laurimar.
Improvements and extensions to the South Morang line, including a new Thomastown train station have improved services.
The Epping-South Morang line is now complete and is 15 minutes from Laurimar.
There are several bus services running to and through Laurimar.
Bus 520-Doreen to Greensborough
Bus 572-Mill Park to Bundoora
Via Hazel Glen Drive, you have easy access to two major roads, Plenty Rd and Yan Yean Rd. Both roads connect to the M80 Metropolitan Ring Road.