A Community for all Seasons
The key urban design principles that underpin the Calderwood Valley’s masterplan include:
- A flexible masterplan that allows the grid and product to adapt to market changes and to meet affordability expectations.
- Provision of a legible street pattern connecting key amenities to villages to create a walkable community.
- Enhance and utilise the existing natural features of the site, such as Johnsons Spur and Macquarie Rivulet.
- Wherever possible align streets to frame views to the creeks and rivers.
- Respect local Indigenous and European heritage values.
- Retail, commercial and educational facilities to service the community and its residents.
- Use of materials that reflect the sites inherent character, such as large shade trees, natural gravels and stone, rustic metals, natural timber and rolling grasslands.
- Retain existing mature trees wherever possible.