Sustainability and Environment
Be part of a unique green community at Aurora.
To be awarded a Six Star Green Star rating from the Green Building Council of Australia Aurora had to achieve the following:
- Fibre optic network connection provided to all homes by Opticomm within the Lendlease development area.
- WiFi hotspots in key parks and open spaces.
- Improved ecological value and biodiversity enhancement through the implementation of EPBC measures
- Housing product diversity encouraging affordability
- Community Development Officer for life of the project
- Maximum 400m distance to recreational facilities for all residents
- Access to several prominent higher education facilities within 10km – including RMIT Bundoora campus
- Increased permanent local area employment opportunities Variety of cultural heritage enhancement parks
- Reduced heat island effect through the use of beneficial landscaping and building elements, including green open space and light roofing
- Four community gardens exceeding 1200sqm in total area
- All homes in Aurora will be provided with Class A recycled water via purple pipes.
- Recycled Water can be used for toilet flushing and garden use.
- Aurora will also be irrigated using recycled water
- Minimum 60% reduction in construction waste through various recycling initiatives
- Inclusive Playspaces (catering to disabled / all ability children)
- Kinetic play equipment – harnessing kinetic energy for powering public lighting and electronics
- Solar trees harnessing solar power for charging phones/iPads etc